Monday, July 14, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey So Far


Its time for me to get real with everyone.


I have caught my self slipping into a dark place lately when it comes to my body. I have felt like I don't see any changes or results from all of my hard work.- Which is one of the most frustrating things. I have read a few different weight loss stories lately and have felt compelled to do my own.

So here it goes.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life.

I have tried every diet & fad diet in the books. (Jenny Craig, Lemonade Cleanse, HCG Diet, Eating 200 calories a day, and sadly eating nothing at all....

I ended up giving up each one of them.

August 2012

My highest weight recorded was 235 pounds, that was my first wake up call. I decided to try to do something about it and went at it on my own. I was able to lose 30 pounds (not in a healthy way). I eventually just lost motivation and the weight started creeping back on.


A few months down the road Advocare found me.

(February 2013)

When I was approached with Advocare I decided to give it a try (although I thought that it probably wouldn't work for me because lets face it I had tried so many other diets and none of them stuck).

But....
I knew that I needed something. I was EXHAUSTED. I had 0 energy at the end of the day to take care of my daughter and forget about my husband. I was too tired to be the wife that I needed to be. I was neglecting my self to say the least.

I was so miserable and unhappy with my self.

So I did the challenge....

When I started I was barely squeezing into a size 18 pants. When I finished I was able to get on a pair of size 14 pants. Most importantly, I had more energy than I had in years and I felt like a better mom and wife to my family.

So I decided to stick with the program, and it stuck with me. I am now a size 10 pants and I have lost a total of 70 pounds!                               
                                   Beginning of journey to July 2014
























This would NOT have been possible for me personally if I had went at it alone.

 I had a whole team set up to help me, and that was key. It made it really hard for me to fail. I knew that if I gave up I would not only be giving up on my self but I would be giving up on the people who were helping me.

My mentor Karissa has been my biggest role model and supporter. She believed in me even when I didn't believe in my self. She has listened to me talk about all of my struggles and has always had something positive to give back to me. I am so thankful that I have someone so positive in my life.
(Thank you Karissa)

I am not finished with my weight loss and plan on losing at least 30 more pounds. I have really good days and bad days. I sometimes struggle with my body image but at the end of the day I am still pushing though and bettering myself. I have changed so much in the last year and a half- I am a totally different person. I am still learning to love myself where I am at and am constantly learning. I am going to continue on this journey and can not wait to see where it takes me.







Thank you for reading this. If you liked my post please follow me.


No comments:

Post a Comment