Monday, November 17, 2014

Mizuno Val Nolasco Half Marathon.

Yesterday morning I woke up refreshed and not thinking anything of the race. Perhaps it was because I haven't been focused on this race. In fact I have barely thought about it, which led me to fall asleep with ease the night before. The only thing that constantly reminded me of it is my girl friends who were training like mad men.

 This race to me was just another long run 
Before the race!

After that was me telling them to hurry so I could go poop.

Amy was a paparazzi and the finish line.

Jenise doesn't even look like she just ran 13.1 miles

Bib pick up selfie.
that I needed to complete for marathon training. 

I wasn't excited about it at all. I have been dreading all of my long runs, and wanted training to be over. 

When we started the race I waited for a friend and we started out together. This was her first race and she was excited. I met up with several people ahead of time, three of them were first timers. The energy they put off made me excited. 

During the race I ran with two girls that I know from Stroller Warriors on and off. (We yo-yo'd with each other). A few friends passed me on the turn around and I cheered them on like they were rock stars (because duh they are). Having so many people there and being able to run the whole thing with out much difficulty was nice.

Seeing them support and cheer each other on reminded me why I love running these races so much. I love the running community.

I finished at 2:40 which shaved 16 minutes off of my last half. This one was actually easier (maybe because the lack of nerves?!). 

I am looking at the rest of the training with new eyes. I feel refreshed and can't wait to do this marathon.

Darcy

Don't forget to click the top mommy blogger button if you enjoy my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment