Friday, October 31, 2014

Late Post! HMSA 30k

I am going to keep this post nice and simple!

I met with two of the girls from my running group the morning of the race. They are both speed demons compared to my pace, but they stuck around with me for the first mile. For the first 13 miles I hovered around a 12-12:30 pace.
At the bib pick up in my costume for the Halloween Party!

Sandra and I after we finished.

I felt pretty good. I like taking it nice and easy. The lack of restroom caught up to be around mile 14. I had to poop. I felt like a dog sniffing out a good spot. At mile 16 I hopped a fence into a construction zone and used the porter john.

For the rest of the race I averaged 13:30 pace. The sun was up and it was pretty warm. I used all of the aid stations and honestly think I could have paced a minute faster through out the whole thing.

This time Luke missed me at the finish line.... So no finishing picture. So far this is  the LONGEST run I have ever done. I feel very accomplished and confident that I can finish the marathon!

My official finish time was 4:03.

Darcy


If you read and like my blog please click on the Top Mommy Blogger Button on the top right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment