Tuesday, February 17, 2015

First Race Post Marathon... GAR

First I want to say sorry for the lack of updates. My life has been busy but uneventful since the marathon. I did get an awesome tattoo which was a major highlight and reward for my hard work!
My new tattoo I got right after the marathon. Thanks Xavier at Vengeance Tattoo

I finally completed my first race post marathon- Great Aloha Run which is 8.1 miles. I decided to do this one differently: WITH A STROLLER. My time was 1:44:58, and I am extremely proud of myself! 

Photo Credit Goes to Stacey


Hi Molly! Sorry my shoe came untied right in front of you!

First thing you should know they make strollers start at the back of the race, even behind the walkers. Trying to maneuver the stroller through the mass amount of people was very tricky and a bit frustrating. Trying not to run into the back of peoples legs was the hardest part because my front wheel sticks out pretty far.
I was a perfect day to run the weather was beautiful and I felt completely prepared. I have been running with the stroller every single run, including long runs because my husband has been out on the submarine a lot more lately. I felt good 95% of the run, the other 5% was when I had a bit of a cough and no water. (I fixed it with a capri sun). 
Lucy was well behaved the whole time and we only had to stop once for her to go potty. She was my cute cheerleader and pushed me through the last stretch that was a hill. I had enough energy to start walking home. I made it a mile and my neighbor stopped and picked me up (thanks Krystal). 

I also want to thank all my fellow mother runners I saw along the way and before the race. Thanks Stacey, Jessica A., and Molly. You guys really gave me a confidence boost and I love seeing you at races. Also thanks to all of you who support my blog and show love long distance through Facebook! When I am out running I know you all are rooting for me and I don't want to quit because I know you are watching. 


Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment