Monday, February 23, 2015

Good bye running....

Hey guys! So I have been up to a lot this last month. I have change my workout schedule drastically...

I have decided to stop running long distance. (Crazy I know) By long distance I mean anything over 6 miles.




Although I LOVE running it hasn't been benefiting my fitness goals. I stopped losing weight (actually gained back some weight!) and feel like I body has lost shape. I really want to focus on toning & building muscle while continuing to lose fat. I have been doing my own research and have taken a plan of action.

First I joined a gym. After researching for about two weeks I chose Power House Gym in Aiea. I chose it based off of a few different things. First was child care, that was the number one important thing to me. Second thing was price, and it actually fit right in my price range. A few other things I looked at was location, cleanliness, how the staff were, and size. I wasn't looking for a crazy big gym that had a pool and track. I was looking for a gym that had free weights and machines. 

Second step I took was getting a personal trainer. When I signed up I paid for the package that gets you a person trainer for 3 sessions. I feel really lost in the gym and knew I would feel more comfortable with someone walking me through everything. I was given a trainer named Jake. I was nervous before I met him because I didn't know what to expect. But he makes me feel really comfortable and is really good at his job. If you are on Oahu and searching for a trainer I highly recommend him.

Third thing is to  come up with a diet plan. After talking to several different people I have decided to change how I am eating. I am going to start eating around 1800 calories a day and am upping my protein intake. I am actually counting my macros and if you are interested to see what I am eating you can add me on myfitnesspal ldholcombe.  

I will post a before picture tonight. Besides that I will just have to put in the work and be patient. Coming up with this plan reminded me of training for my first marathon and how excited I was over my plan. I love having NEW goals and having a plan put in place. 

If you count your macros I want to know in the comments below how it is working out for you. 

Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment